(Job ID# ASM19SMS125)
Company: Analytical Services & Materials, Inc. Hampton, VA 23666
Analytical Services & Materials, Inc. (AS&M) is looking for Full Time Senior Mathematical Scientists to perform in the following the labor categories: Mathematicians, Operations Research Analysts or Statisticians, for their Navy contract at Patuxent River, MD.
Apply standardized mathematical formulas, principles, and methodology to technological problems in engineering and physical sciences in relation to specific industrial and research objectives, processes, equipment, and products. Person is a recognized authority in a specialty area. The person is capable of solving major problems in a narrow specialty field, or over a broad scope of specialties. Recommendations and conclusions of the person are considered authoritative and are seldom questioned from a technical point of view. The person is capable of exercising a high degree of originality and sound judgement in formulating, evaluating, and correlating broad engineering/scientific concepts, guiding the analysis of unique problems, and developing new and improved techniques and methods. The person shall be fully capable of interpreting, organizing and executing projects concerned with unique or controversial items having a major effect on the programs. Applies intensive and diverse knowledge to problems and makes independent decisions.
The Mathematical Scientist labor category descriptions below further detail specific types of Mathematical Scientists that may be required to support tasking on this Contract and Individual Task Orders.
- Conduct research in fundamental mathematics or in application of mathematical techniques to science, management, and other fields.
- Solve problems in various fields using mathematical methods.
Operations Research Analysts
- Applies knowledge and experience in supporting Business Analytics.
- Person provides analytical rigor, tools, processes, and policy to identify, evaluate, measure efficiencies and provide decision makers with sound, scientific, and quantitative basis for making decisions.
- Uses operations research methods and mathematical techniques to analyze acquisition problems, develop techniques in applied mathematics, and completes analytical studies.
- Conducts analytical investigations, develops analysis methods and techniques, acts as management consultant, and manages mathematical operations relating to acquisition.
- Responsible for the technical validity of studies.
- Document and communicates orally and in writing the results of work along with recommendations for staff actions and summaries.
- Formulate and apply mathematical modeling and other optimizing methods to develop and interpret information that assists management with decision making, policy formulation, or other managerial functions.
- May collect and analyze data and develop decision support software, service, or products.
- May develop and supply optimal time, cost, or logistics networks for program evaluation, review, or implementation.
- Develop or apply mathematical or statistical theory and methods to collect, organize, interpret, and summarize numerical data to provide usable information.
- May specialize in fields such as bio-statistics, agricultural statistics, business statistics, or economic statistics. Includes mathematical and survey statisticians.
MA/MS degree in a mathematical science field.
Over ten (10) years experience performing work related to the labor category functional description.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Secret Clearance
- Ability to pass Background Investigation
How to Apply?
Details about the company are available at http://www.asm-usa.com
AS&M employment application form can be downloaded from here.
AS&M is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.