(Job ID# ASM19SPS126)
Company: Analytical Services & Materials, Inc. Hampton, VA 23666
Analytical Services & Materials, Inc. (AS&M) is looking for Full Time Senior Physical Scientists to perform in the following the labor categories: Physicists, Chemists or Materials Scientists, for their Navy contract at Patuxent River, MD.
- Apply standardized mathematical formulas, principles, and methodology to technological problems in engineering and physical sciences in relation to specific industrial and research objectives, processes, equipment, and products.
- The person is capable of solving major problems in a narrow specialty field, or over a broad scope of specialties.
- Recommendations and conclusions of the person are considered authoritative and are seldom questioned from a technical point of view.
- The person is capable of exercising a high degree of originality and sound judgement in formulating, evaluating, and correlating broad engineering/scientific concepts, guiding the analysis of unique problems, and developing new and improved techniques and methods.
- The person shall be fully capable of interpreting, organizing and executing projects concerned with unique or controversial items having a major effect on the programs.
- Applies intensive and diverse knowledge to problems and makes independent decisions.
The Physical Scientist labor category descriptions below further detail specific types of Physical Scientists:
Conduct research into physical phenomena, develop theories on the basis of observation and experiments, and devise methods to apply physical laws and theories.
Atmospheric and Space Scientists
Investigate atmospheric phenomena and interpret meteorological data gathered by surface and air stations, satellites, and radar to prepare reports and forecasts for public and other uses. Includes weather analysts and forecasters whose functions require the detailed knowledge of meteorology.
Conduct qualitative and quantitative chemical analyses or experiments in laboratories for quality or process control or to develop new products or knowledge.
Research and study the structures and chemical properties of various natural and synthetic or composite materials, including metals, alloys, rubber, ceramics, semiconductors, polymers, and glass. Determine ways to strengthen or combine materials or develop new materials with new or specific properties for use in a variety of products and applications. Includes glass scientists, ceramic scientists, metallurgical scientists, and polymer scientists.
MA/MS degree in a mathematical science field.
Over ten (10) years experience performing work related to the labor category functional description.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Secret Clearance
- Ability to pass Background Investigation
How to Apply?
Details about the company are available at http://www.asm-usa.com
AS&M employment application form can be downloaded from here.
AS&M is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.