(Job ID# ASM19SFS120)
Company: Analytical Services & Materials, Inc. Hampton, VA 23666
Analytical Services and Materials, Inc. (AS&M) is looking for full-time Senior Flight Systems Engineer for its contract at NASA Armstrong Flight Research Centre (AFRC), Edwards, CA. This is a working level position that applies an intermediate-level of engineering technology and systems engineering concepts to the specific technical tasks at AFRC.
- Design electronic and avionics systems, subsystems, units, and components as required.
- Flight qualification of systems; system verification and validation testing.
- Ensure performance of hardware development, qualification, test, and evaluation; perform integration of automated tools developed for simulation and systems test into the project-testing mainstream.
- Ability to lead system or subsystem teams in all aspects of design and implementation to include design reviews, safety analysis, and all documentation development and approval
- Analyze project objectives and requirements, develop plans for conducting projects, provide support for the project safety review process, including participation in the development of Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, documentation of hazards, and the specification and implementation of mitigations to those hazards.
- Review project instructions to ascertain requirements, specifications, procedures, objectives, equipment, nature of technical problem, and possible solutions.
- Set up and conduct tests or studies of complete systems, components, or concepts under research test conditions to investigate proposals for improving performance or other factors; or to obtain data for development, standardization, and quality control with some supervisory direction and review.
- Record test or report procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and make recommendations for changes.
- Create reports and other documentation necessary to describe the results of studies and/or tests.
- Analyze indicated and calculated results in relation to requirements, specifications, or test objectives.
- Mentors engineers in specific technical areas and/or the system engineering process and project management principles.
- Perform work in accordance with NASA ISO AS9100 procedures and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Follow the safe practices and rules contained in the Safety and Health plan and other such rules and practices communicated on the job.
- Report status to Senior Technical Lead and/or Task Focal Point in standardized format on or before due date.
This list is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be able to secure and maintain a security clearance.
- Must pass drug testing.
- Must be able to read and write effectively in English.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work as a part of a larger team is required.
- Must embrace safety principles to include; adhering to safe work practices and standards while performing daily tasks, taking responsibility for own and coworkers’ safekeeping and encouraging others to work safely.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner to get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Must perform work activities requiring interaction, negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others.
- Must be able to work under supervision and respond appropriately and professionally to criticism from a supervisor.
- With the exception of STD/LTD/FMLA & approved time off, attendance is considered essential.
- Must be able to work within core hours of 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Flexibility may be required based on workload.
- Physical requirements – must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Travel requirements – some travel is anticipated both locally and long distance by car or plane.
The place of performance is NASA Armstrong Flight Research Center, Edwards, CA.
Knowledge, skills & abilities required:
- Application of Engineering principles and Systems Engineering processes.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic and multi-task work environment by prioritizing work and coordinating task/project schedules.
- Must be able to manage and decompose requirements in specific technical areas.
- Strong communications and ability to work in a team environment a must.
- Experience in one or more of the following technology areas are highly desirable: Avionics hardware systems, commercial and military data busses, software design, development and management, real-time systems, or system test and validation.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Education/Degree (Required or Preferred) Required Experience 7 Years Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Physical Science (required) 4 Years Advanced Degree (Masters or PhD) in Engineering or Physical Science (preferred)
Flight Operations Support Subtask 1 and 2 7 years experience is required as a minimum regardless of advanced degree.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
(Required or Preferred)
|7 Years||Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Physical Science (required)|
|4 Years||Advanced Degree (Master’s or PhD in Engineering or Physical Science (required)|
|Senior Operations Engineer
Flight Operations Support
Subtask 1 & 2
|7 years experience is required as a minimum regardless of advanced degree|
How to Apply?
Details about the company are available at http://www.asm-usa.com
AS&M employment applicationform can be downloaded from here.
AS&M is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.