(Job ID# ASM19ASA126)
Company: Analytical Services & Materials, Inc. Hampton, VA 23666
Analytical Services and Materials, Inc. (AS&M) is looking for full-time Atlassian Solution Architect at Langley Air Force Base, Hampton, VA. We are looking for a high energy, experienced, tech savvy Atlassian Solution Architect who will help our clients with installations, configurations, upgrades and management of Atlassian tools, including JIRA, Confluence, and key third-party add-ons.
Candidate will be part of a team that performs system engineering, system integration, hardware and software support, and technical and administrative support services for systems within the Navy’s Enterprise Tactical Training Network (NETTN). Candidate will provide Atlassian services and support baseline updates, installation services, software support services, and system administration services. Candidate will provide services for any and all phases of system engineering, integration and support to ensure customers meet mission goals and objectives. These efforts include the full range of infrastructure design, implementation and integration, including, but not limited to, concept development, planning, requirements definition and analysis, systems design, integration, testing, implementation, deployment, support and sustainment.
- Setting up environments to host Atlassian applications, including Server and Data Center
- Installations and configurations of new Atlassian applications
- Upgrades of existing Atlassian applications to the latest versions
- Installations and configurations of external authentication systems, such as AD, LDAP, SSO, etc.
- Administer JIRA and Confluence, and formulate technical solutions using JIRA and associated plugins or Atlassian products
- Installations and configurations of third-party add-ons for Atlassian tools to provide enhanced capabilities
- Create JIRA projects, queries, and reports
- Create custom workflows, post functions, and validators, make changes to workflows, screens, fields, and reporting, and provide ongoing support and configuration maintenance.
- Develop solutions extending Atlassian REST services and JIRA plugins using the Atlassian SDK. Design and manage JIRA and Confluence queries and dashboards for metrics reporting for various teams
- Serve as the JIRA and Atlassian technical resource for users to ensure the adoption of development and workflow processes, address user questions, and develop training, as needed
- Troubleshoot various issues and problems and design creative technical solutions; must have or be able to obtain Security+ and Linux OS certifications
- Candidate must meet DoD 8570 requirements for IAT Level 2
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or related discipline, plus 5 to 7 years of directly related experience or equivalent education and experience. In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for more than 9 years applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience for positions involving new technology or labor market shortages as reflected by market survey data.
- 3+ years of experience with configuration and administration of Atlassian Products
- Hands-on experience setting up, managing, upgrading and migrating Atlassian tools in Server and/or Data Center environments
- Deep experience with Linux and Windows based operating systems
- Prior system administration experience and understanding of associated concepts like networking, access, storage, database, and resource management
- Experience with scripting, such as Bash, Python or Ruby
- Able to analyze and review current environments to determine potential areas of improvement
- Conceptual and practical understanding of SDLC and Agile Frameworks
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple requirements and deliverables at any given time through effective time-management and planning
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work with diverse teams
- Possession of Atlassian ACP certifications (preferred)
- Experience troubleshooting and performance optimization of Tomcat-based Java applications (preferred)
- Understanding and analyzing thread dumps and logs to pinpoint issues and problems (preferred)
- Must be a US Citizen and currently hold and able to maintain a US Secret security clearance.
How to Apply?
Details about the company are available at http://www.asm-usa.com
AS&M employment applicationform can be downloaded from here.
AS&M is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.