(Job ID# ASM20IT145)
Company: Analytical Services & Materials, Inc. Hampton, VA 23666
Analytical Services and Materials, Inc. (AS&M) is looking for an experienced Instrumentation Technician with demonstrated experience in me projects to measurement systems and repair to join our mission driven, woman-owned small business. Are you looking for a rewarding position supporting Nasa Langley Research Center? Do you want to work for a dynamic and highly stable work environment centered around fulfilling customer needs? Analytical Services & Materials (AS&M) is seeking highly qualified individuals for NASA LaRC’s Center’s Maintenance, Operations, and Engineering program to ensure facilities are fully operational and safe to carry out its NASA missions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
As an Instrumentation Technician, you will:
- Install, calibrate, adjust, and repair / replace of measurement equipment.
- Must be able to fabricate basic parts / brackets, install parts into systems used in wind tunnel test environments, and verify sensors to measure pressure, temperature, force, or acceleration.
- Work with test engineers, facility electricians, and mechanical technicians to troubleshoot system or sensor failures and anomalies.
- Document and install new measurement systems.
- Red line and review drawings.
- Create documentation for operation of new systems.
Life at Analytical Services & Materials:
AS&M is a research and engineering firm specializing in advanced technologies. We foster a culture of agility and adaptability and excel in agile team approaches in dynamic environments. We are goal-oriented and forward-thinking, creative and flexible, confident and positive, maintain a problem-solving mindset, and value our employees. AS&M has developed a reputation for technical excellence serving customers from the government, such as the DoD and NASA, to Fortune 100 companies. A CMMI-DEV Level 2, and ISO 9001:2015 certified company, AS&M commits to providing quality services and products within schedule and cost.
In 2006, AS&M received the Small Business Administration’s prestigious National Prime Contractor of the Year Award. This award recognized AS&M’s commitment and accomplishment of providing superior services to government and industry. AS&M has been a NASA LaRC prime contractor for over 35 years and the recipient of the NASA LaRC 2019 Small Business Subcontractor Excellence Award.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must be a US. Citizen.
- Must clear federal background and reference checks.
- Valid Driver’s license
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, Outlook, and Project.
- Two years of college or technical training in electronics plus two years of related experience — or —
- Any equivalent combination of relevant education and experience for a total of 4 years; [for example: military electronics training and experience.
- Certain physical requirements are required (e.g., tolerate high noise levels, able to walk, stand, bend, twist and sit for extended periods as well as climb, crawl, and lift upwards of 35 lbs).
- Associate degree in instrumentation, electronic systems, or related field, or have completed military training in electronics or have experience working in a Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory.
- Basic knowledge of Wheatstone bridge theory and basic electronics.
- Operational knowledge of an oscilloscope, multi meters, soldering techniques, use of crimping tools, lead wire preparation techniques, ohm’s law, continuity testing, pinning out connectors, routing and tie wrapping cables.
- System level troubleshooting skills and the ability to logically solve instrumentation problems and determine corrective action.
- Knowledge in signal conditioning concepts for diverse types of sensors, to include the following: Accelerometers, LVDT, Thermocouples, PRTs, RTDs, Cold Junction compensation concepts, TC bonding concepts.
- Background should include experience with the following: Fabricating cables, lacing techniques and proper strain relief concepts
- Working knowledge of transducers, operational amplifiers, and the knowledge of techniques for measuring temperature, pressure, flow, displacement, vibration and force are also beneficial.
- Experience soldering wire harnesses and developing wiring diagrams.
- Intermediate skill level using Windows Operating Systems.
- Intermediate skill level using Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
- Knowledge in Data Acquisition concepts, hardware, and interfacing (SCXI and PXI based) is a plus.
How to Apply?
Details about the company are available at http://www.asm-usa.com
AS&M employment application form can be downloaded from here.
AS&M is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.