(Job ID# ASM20MDE152)
Company: Analytical Services & Materials, Inc. Hampton, VA 23666
Analytical Services and Materials, Inc. (AS&M) is looking for full-time Mechanical Design Engineer to work at the NASA Langley Research Center (LaRC) at Hampton Virginia. The Design Engineer will provide operations and maintenance support at NASA Langley Research Center. The successful candidate must have the ability to work as part of multi- discipline project teams and interact with clients in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support rotorcraft wind tunnel testing at NASA Langley Research Center.
- Work to analyze requirements from the customer and develop design solutions.
- Perform engineering design evaluations and stress analyses.
- Produce engineering drawings and be able to support design with calculations for fit, function and structural strength.
- Prepare model systems reports to include comprehensive stress analyses, design loads, stability reports, and risk analyses on rotorcraft models and support hardware.
- Prepare and present designs at various design reviews using MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Produce other required design documentation.
- Other duties include providing wind tunnel test support for rotorcraft models, primarily monitoring real-time loads.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must be a US. Citizen.
- BS degree in engineering and five (5) to eight (8) years of related engineering experience, or a MS degree and four (4) to six (6) years of related engineering experience, or Ph.D. and zero (0) to three (3) years of related experience.
- Experience designing mechanical systems.
- Experience with requirements development, design trades, risk analysis, and system analysis.
- Ability to produce drawings, perform dimensional fit tolerance analysis and support design with calculations for fit, function, and structural strength.
- Experience in designing aerospace hardware preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience using solid modeling CAD software.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
How to Apply?
Details about the company are available at http://www.asm-usa.com
AS&M employment application form can be downloaded from here.
AS&M is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.