(Job ID# ASM20ET160)
Company: Analytical Services & Materials, Inc. Hampton, VA 23666
Analytical Services and Materials, Inc. (AS&M) has an immediate opening for a full-time Electrical Technician to work at the NASA Langley Research Center (LaRC) in Hampton, VA. The applicant must be familiar with high voltage systems, rotating machinery, hydraulic and cooling water systems and a variety of electrical equipment such as, switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, motors, heating units, relays, conduit systems or other equipment including Programmable Logic Controllers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work from blueprints, drawings, layouts or other specifications
- Locate and diagnose trouble in the electrical system or equipment
- Work standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring or electrical equipment
- Use a variety of hand tools, measurement and test equipment.
- Must be able to read/understand technical diagrams and drawings and be knowledgeable about the local codes and regulations, as well as National Electrical Code requirements.
- Must also be physically capable of bending for long periods of time, climb ladders, work in confined spaces, lift 35 lbs., and be willing to work all shifts and overtime.
- Knowledge of OSHA Lockout/Tagout program and familiarization with Programmable Logic Controls (PLCs) or equivalent systems is a plus. Journeyman or Masters License is a plus.
- Good communication skills, detail-oriented, able to work with a team, and have good problem-solving skills
Qualifications and Experience:
- US. Citizenship is required.
- Two (2) years of college with courses in engineering, mathematics or science, or two (2) years relevant experience, or any equivalent combination of relevant education/experience for a total of two (2) years. Previous experience with computer terminals is highly desirable..
How to Apply?
Details about the company are available at http://www.asm-usa.com
AS&M employment application form can be downloaded from here.
AS&M is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.