(Job ID# ASM20ET161)
Company: Analytical Services & Materials, Inc. Hampton, VA 23666
Analytical Services and Materials, Inc. (AS&M) has an immediate opening for a full-time Mechanical Technician to work at the NASA Langley Research Center (LaRC) in Hampton, VA. The successful candidate will join a team to safely, effectively, and efficiently operate and maintain mechanical systems/equipment in support of wind tunnels at NASA LaRC.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Shall follow safety policies and procedures and perform all work according to existing policies and procedures while maintaining a high standard of quality and workmanship in performing the duties.
- Working knowledge of safety practices common to industry including Foreign Object Damage (FOD) control and LOTO (OSHA Lockout/Tagout program) is an added advantage.
- Experience in operating and maintaining rotating machinery, hydraulic and pneumatic system, pumps, valves, and cooling water systems is desirable.
- Other equipment operated on includes but is not limited to, industrial forklifts, man-lifts and cranes.
- Will perform preventive maintenance on, inspection of, and operate equipment per documented procedures.
- Must be able to read relevant technical drawings and specifications.
- Relevant military training or aviation maintenance training is a plus.
- Good communication skills, detail-oriented, able to work with a team, and have good problem-solving skills
Qualifications and Experience:
- US. Citizenship is required.
- Two (2) years of college with courses in engineering, mathematics or science, or two (2) years relevant experience, or any equivalent combination of relevant education/experience for a total of two (2) years.
How to Apply?
Details about the company are available at http://www.asm-usa.com
AS&M employment application form can be downloaded from here.
AS&M is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.