(Job ID# ASM20MDE164)
Company: Analytical Services & Materials, Inc. Hampton, VA 23666
Analytical Services and Materials, Inc. (AS&M) has an immediate opening for a full-time Mechanical Design Engineer to work at the NASA Langley Research Center (LaRC) in Hampton, VA.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support rotorcraft wind tunnel testing at NASA Langley Research Center, primarily monitoring real-time loads.
- Work to analyze requirements from the customer and develop design solutions.
- Perform engineering design evaluations and stress analyses.
- Produce engineering drawings and be able to support design with calculations for fit, function, and structural strength.
- Prepare model systems reports to include comprehensive stress analyses, design loads, stability reports, and risk analyses on rotorcraft models and support hardware.
- Prepare and present designs at various design reviews using MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Produce the required design documentation.
Qualifications and Experience:
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- BS degree in engineering and five (5) to eight (8) years of related engineering experience, or a MS degree and four (4) to six (6) years of related engineering experience, or Ph.D. and zero (0) to three (3) years of related experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience using solid modeling CAD software.
- Experience designing mechanical systems. Experience in aerospace hardware and specifically, rotorcraft is preferred.
- Experience with requirements development, design trades, risk analysis, and system analysis.
- Ability to produce drawings, perform dimensional fit tolerance analysis, and support design with calculations for fit, function, and structural strength.
How to Apply?
Details about the company are available at http://www.asm-usa.com
AS&M employment application form can be downloaded from here.
AS&M is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.