(Job ID# ASM20SAA166)
Company: Analytical Services & Materials, Inc. Hampton, VA 23666
Analytical Services and Materials, Inc. (AS&M) has an immediate opening for a full-time Systems Analyst/Administrator to work in Hampton, VA.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Off-site System Administrator
- System Administration support of workstations, servers, and related network configurations. End-user support desk lead system administrator.
- Manage the end-user support ticketing system and assign tickets to others as assistance is needed.
- Develop and maintain end-user instructions, training, and documentation.
- Administer the Intranet page for End User support.
- Perform system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes.
- Review system and application logs, verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Configure system CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Serve as primary point responsible to deploy, maintain, and operate an encrypted data backup and recovery solution using EMC Networker.
- Apply systems and security patches to all workstations and servers as required.
NASA-Site Ground Data Systems (GDS) System Administrator
- Perform in a team environment with other Systems Administrators to provide overall operations and maintenance for the LaRC GDS production and development support environment.
- Partner with Software Engineering groups to install new and/or rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Serve as alternate point responsible to deploy, maintain, and operate an encrypted data backup and recovery solution that supports the GDS production environment.
- Action and resolve assigned tickets within the Electronic Contract Management System (ECMS).
- Provide OT System Administration services for various customers across the NASA LaRC facilities.
- Provides design support to projects including concept/assembly layout based on routine design computations and leader services for design/drafting projects of moderate scope and complexity.
- Plans drafting work to be accomplished in support of specific projects.
- Prepares drawing lists and coordinates job with engineers, detailers, and checkers.
- Prepares design concepts/layouts; independently performs basic engineering analysis and research to size and select equipment and materials.
- Performs complex drafting assignments with general instructions and work from furnished or self-generated computations and sketches.
- Performs drawing checking to confirm accuracy and acceptability guided by the company and/or client drafting standards/specifications, engineering computations, and sketches.
- Evaluates the functional feasibility of design and its conference to specifications.
- Prepares sketches to be drawn by others, helps maintain drafting standards, and assists in the training of new or less experienced drafting personnel.
Qualifications and Experience:
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance is required.
- BS degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university and three (3) to five (5) years of progressive, relevant experience, or any equivalent combination of education, experience, training and certifications.
- Relevant certification such as (MCP, ITIL Foundation v3, CompTIA Security +, CompTIA A+, MCP- 70-290 Managing and Maintaining Windows 2003 Servers, MCDST, MCSA (2000, 2003), MCSE (2003, 2007) is preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency using WSUS patch management systems.
- Experience planning and implementing enterprise systems backups using EMC Networker backup and recovery software.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of professional experience maintaining a network/operational environment
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience with Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Demonstrated experience upgrading systems to new approved OS versions.
- Demonstrated experience in VMware virtualization across-platforms.
- Demonstrated experience with the administration of database (MS SQLOracle) backups and restores.
- Demonstrated understanding of Active Directory infrastructure, design, and interface capabilities with other MS products.
- Demonstrated understanding of DNS name resolution.
- Demonstrated experience implementing and using EMC Networker and BigFix System Management Tool.
How to Apply?
Details about the company are available at http://www.asm-usa.com
AS&M employment application form can be downloaded from here.
AS&M is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”