(Job ID# ASM20FSE167)
Company: Analytical Services & Materials, Inc. Hampton, VA 23666
Analytical Services and Materials, Inc. (AS&M) has an immediate opening for a full-time Facility Systems Engineer to work in Hampton, VA. The Facility Systems Engineer serves as the Facility Engineer for three LEED certified buildings at NASA Langley Research Center: Headquarters Building, Integrated Engineering Services Building, and Computational Research Facility. The position is responsible for the architectural and structural components of the facility, and the proper operation of HVAC, plumbing, fire suppression, and electrical systems. Tasks include customer interaction, management of contractors for minor construction or warranty repairs, and response to building or system incidents.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure the building and its energy systems (HVAC, lighting, electrical) are operating properly, efficiently, and are well maintained.
- Write and present various reports (weekly and monthly) on facility system operations, energy usage, and maintenance.
- Identify and correct operations that can cause loss of performance, inefficient use of consumables, and equipment failures or shutdowns
- Address warranty issues that may arise.
- Ensure any modification or repair to the building is consistent with good engineering practice.
- Ensure safe operation of the facility and a safe environment for occupants
Qualifications and Experience:
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance is required.
- BS degree from an ABET-accredited school in Mechanical Engineering and eight (8) to twelve (12) years related engineering experience, or an MS degree from an ABET-accredited school and seven (7) to ten (10) years of related engineering experience or Ph.D. from an ABET-accredited school and two (2) to five (5) years of related engineering experience.
- LEED Accredited Professional is preferred but not mandatory. Excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate facility issues to clients and to develop weekly and monthly reports on facility status.
How to Apply?
Details about the company are available at http://www.asm-usa.com
AS&M employment application form can be downloaded from here.
AS&M is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”