(Job ID# ASM20SME180)
Company: Analytical Services & Materials, Inc. Hampton, VA 23666
Analytical Services and Materials, Inc. (AS&M) has an immediate opening for a full-time Senior Mechanical Engineer. This position supports NASA Langley Research Center, Hampton, VA. This position is currently teleworking as required due to COVID-19 precautions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Independent preparation of criteria, computation/analyses, specifications, drawings, cost estimates, and technical reports for Process Systems and Facility HVAC/Plumbing system designs. Selects and applies engineering techniques and procedures to analyze and evaluate specific problems, data, or other features of the work which are broad in scope and complexity. Projects are multi-discipline.
Oversight of the activities of designers and drafters engaged in the design of facility mechanical systems, to ensure the designs conform to recognized codes and standards and with customer requirements for a variety of government and industrial facility types.
Provide technical quality reviews and ensure adherence to Quality Control processes, Codes and Standards, ultimately resulting in the Highest Quality deliverables to NASA Langley.
Qualifications and Experience:
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance is required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited school and eight (8) to twelve (12) years of related engineering experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Process Systems and Facility HVAC/Plumbing design with eight (8) to twelve (12) years of experience.
- Direct design experience must include Process Systems and Facility HVAC/Plumbing design for commercial, healthcare, institutional, or Federal facilities.
- Fire Suppression System design experience is desirable.
- PE license is desirable but not mandatory.
How to Apply?
Details about the company are available at http://www.asm-usa.com
AS&M employment application form can be downloaded from here.
AS&M is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”