(Job ID# ASM21FC181)
Company: Analytical Services & Materials, Inc. Hampton, VA 23666
Analytical Services and Materials, Inc. (AS&M) has an immediate opening for a full-time Facility Coordinator. This position supports NASA Langley Research Center, Hampton, VA. Facility coordinators use their working knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems to provide an initial assessment of issues in the facility. They must be able to read and interpret blueprints and working drawings as serve as an approved source for changes made to these drawings. Discrepancies and equipment failures are coordinated with responsible parties for repair or adjustment. Maintains the electrical Lockout/Tagout procedures, log, and tags for the facility as well as other facility documentation known as a Facility Resume.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as the principal contact for all facility-related matters that include, but are not limited to, maintenance, procedures, inspections, and annual training concerning the facility infrastructure as well as electrical or mechanical machinery installed into the facility which can include specialized HVAC equipment, clean rooms, and freezers.
- Coordinate all required work with all interested parties (e.g., building occupants) to avoid unacceptable disruptions in the Government's business.
- Daily walk-throughs and various inspections are performed to ensure the facility and its equipment are functioning properly for its intended use.
- Create and maintain a library of response procedures for facility equipment as necessary.
- Interface frequently with building occupants and customer organizational management.
- Provides customer organization with weekly reports and outstanding facility concerns that may impact their Research.
Will be trained in working with facility critical assets, as the job task will include working in Research facilities.
Must be customer-friendly, and able to withstand sometimes a stressful environment. Work closely on a day-to-day basis with building occupants to provide a familiar face and instill confidence that their issues are being addressed in a timely and efficient way.
Qualifications and Experience:
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance is required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years college or vocational training in the area of specialty plus twelve (12) years relevant experience, or any equivalent combination of education/ experience for a total of fourteen (14) years.
- Demonstrate leadership ability and good communication skills required.
- Position requires comprehensive knowledge of programs gained through long and varied work experience in the field of specialty.
- Knowledge of MAXIMO or other (Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)), research ability using the Internet, manufacturer and other sources are desired.
- Ability to develop and manipulate MS Excel spreadsheets or equivalent. Experience with MS Project preferred.
- HVAC knowledge preferred.
- Should be able to use computing technology for problem analysis and solution.
How to Apply?
Details about the company are available at http://www.asm-usa.com
AS&M employment application form can be downloaded from here.
AS&M is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”