(Job ID# ASM21PC188)
Company: Analytical Services & Materials, Inc. Hampton, VA 23666
Analytical Services and Materials, Inc. (AS&M) has an immediate opening for a full-time Small Construction Project Coordinator to work at the NASA Langley Research Center (LaRC) in Hampton, VA.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates the ability to coordinate construction projects from the initial request phase to the completion and closeout phase including planning and estimating, coordinating subcontractors, awarding contracts, minor construction management, on-site verification, tracking of schedule and costs, constant communication with the customer, and ability to close out a project finalizing all of the necessary deliverables.
- Able to create an independent construction estimate using tools such as RSMeans Construction Cost Data.
- Must have the ability to read engineering drawings and specifications to identify the scope of projects.
- Able to help in the development of drawings and specifications for construction projects
- Must be a proficient user of MS Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to create business letters, correspondence, and reports in final form, using correct grammar, punctuation, spelling, form, etc.
- Knowledge of project management principles, practices, methods, and techniques
- Skill in dealing with others in person-to-person work relationships and the ability for decision-making.
- Must be self-directed in order to coordinate numerous projects on time, all at varying project phases, with little oversight.
Qualifications and Experience:
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance as required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Two (2) years of college with courses in engineering or associated disciplines, and six (6) years of related experience. Additional relevant education may be substituted for a portion of the experience. Position requires comprehensive knowledge of programs gained through long and varied work experience in the field of specialty.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both orally and written with effective use of visual aids.
- Should be able to use computing technology for problem analysis and solution.
- Experience in building and/or systems construction, management, and construction cost estimating preferred.
- Position requires comprehensive knowledge of construction trades with an emphasis on Mechanical/HVAC
- Working proficiency with computer-aided drafting software such as AutoCAD and computerized maintenance management systems such as MAXIMO is a plus.
How to Apply?
Details about the company are available at http://www.asm-usa.com
AS&M employment application form can be downloaded from here.
AS&M is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”