(Job ID# ASM21SM191)
Company: Analytical Services & Materials, Inc. Hampton, VA 23666
Analytical Services and Materials, Inc. (AS&M) has an immediate opening for a full-time Simulator Engineer to work at the NASA Langley Research Center (LaRC) in Hampton, VA. The candidate is responsible for the design and implementation, modification, operation, and maintenance of fixed base and motion base simulators and support equipment at NASA LaRC. The engineer must oversee Readiness Procedures, Preventive Maintenance, and Corrective Maintenance on simulator devices. The engineer shall direct the calibration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of simulator devices. The Simulator engineer will work closely with flight simulation technicians to implement designs and perform tests, collect and analyze data, and make appropriate recommendations to improve the reliability of aeronautical or aerospace technologies. The Simulator Engineer must comply with all standards and regulations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees and directs simulator operational checks prior to scheduled simulation periods.
- Directs simulator hardware reconfiguration and/or modification.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, and repairs electromechanical, video, audio, and/or network systems using maintenance publications and wiring diagrams.
- Working with technicians employs the use of complex electronic test equipment such as oscilloscopes, digital multi-meter, fiber optic test equipment, temperature probes, computer-based troubleshooting systems, power meters, CAT5, and CAT6 network cabling testing. Experience with electronics, avionics, mechanics, hydraulic systems, or electronic fabrication is desired, but not required.
- Troubleshoots and replaces complex electronics components such as analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog circuit modules, VMEbus Data Acquisition Systems, and Fiber Optics systems.
- Troubleshoots and updates Linux and Windows-based operating systems during replacement and/or re-configuration of simulation computers and network systems.
- Effectively describes the hardware, software, and simulator subsystem's problems to management.
- Oversees records of all maintenance and operations activities and reports on them.
- Supports operations, maintenance, and training operations during weekends and off-shift hours when required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance as required.
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or Computer Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Knowledge of mathematical principles and concepts; physical principles and laws and their interrelationships and applications to understand fluids, materials, and atmospheric dynamics. Critical thinking and complex problem-solving skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Zero to three years of experience in simulation systems, computer systems, and/or networks, or training device design, operations, or maintenance. Zero to three years of experience in conducting non-standard electronics tests, constructing breadboards, performing modifications to simulation systems, compiling/processing engineering test data, and performing complex operations and preventive maintenance procedures.
- AutoCAD, PRO-E, or other drawing application software experience is a plus.
How to Apply?
Details about the company are available at http://www.asm-usa.com
AS&M employment application form can be downloaded from here.
AS&M is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”