(Job ID# ASM21MST192)
Company: Analytical Services & Materials, Inc. Hampton, VA 23666
Analytical Services and Materials, Inc. (AS&M) is looking for a full-time Mechanical Support Technician for its contract at NASA Armstrong Flight Research Centre, Edwards, CA 93523. Position engages in research, development, testing, and evaluation of aerospace vehicles and parts at the NASA Armstrong Flight Research Center.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Position is a TEMPORARY full-time position until December 2021 and requires these skills
- Proficiency with general hand tools: wrenches, screwdrivers, torque wrenches, etc.
- Able to obtain and maintain a NASA Forklift operator permit
- Operate Overhead Cranes
- Obtain a Flight Line Drivers permit
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical assembly drawings
- Ability to follow written procedures and/or Oral directions
- Basic Proficiency with MS Office Suite, email, and web browsers
- Report status to Senior Technical Lead and/or Functional Area Lead as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance as required.
REQUIRED: Minimum education level: High school diploma with 7 years of related experience
PREFERRED: Military Technical School Diploma or Associate’s degree or greater with 5 years of related experience.
- Must pass drug testing.
- Must be able to read and write effectively in English.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Always demonstrate professional behavior when dealing with clients, supervisors, and co-workers.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to the employee or others
- Must be able to support and work in a proactive team environment.
- Must hold the safety of yourself and those around you as the number one priority in the workplace
- Current driver's license, car registration, and auto insurance required.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner to get along with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
- Must be able to work under supervision and respond appropriately and professionally to criticism from a supervisor.
- With the exception of STD/LTD/FMLA & approved time off, attendance is considered essential.
- Must be able to work within core hours of 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Flexibility may be required based on workload.
- Physical requirements – must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Travel requirements – some travel is anticipated both locally and long-distance by car or plane.
- The place of performance is NASA Armstrong Flight Research Center, Dryden, CA.
Knowledge, skills & abilities required:
- Multi-task-oriented and capable of prioritizing.
- Ability to manage schedules.
- Perform buildup, maintenance, operation, and monitoring of mechanical test structures, hydraulic systems, cryogenic and gaseous nitrogen systems, fiber optics, steelwork, heaters, reflectors, hydraulic pumps, manifolds, servo valves, actuators, and cryogenic plumbing.
- Erect structural assemblies by installing and connecting parts, fittings, and sub-assemblies.
- Perform minor metallic part fabrication tasks.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical data, engineering data, and other specifications to determine layouts and sequences of operations.
- Work with a team of technicians and engineers to support best practices to accomplish specific mission requirements.
- Directly interact with the customer to analyze and support design, fabrication, operation, and maintenance of facilities, test articles, and research aircraft.
- Familiarity with and ability to gain knowledge of NASA Armstrong Procedures/Instructions, and organizational structure as related to technician requirements.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment with other technicians and engineers.
- Ability to clearly and effectively verbally communicate with test team members during test operations utilizing headset-based communication systems.
- Strong organizational skills.
How to Apply?
Details about the company are available at http://www.asm-usa.com
AS&M employment application form can be downloaded from here.
AS&M is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”