(Job ID# ASM21ME193)
Company: Analytical Services & Materials, Inc. Hampton, VA 23666
Analytical Services and Materials, Inc. (AS&M) has an immediate opening for a full-time Pressure Systems Mechanical Engineer to work at the NASA Langley Research Center (LaRC) in Hampton, VA. The selected candidate will be working as an engineer in the Pressure Systems Recertification Group. This department performs and evaluates structural integrity assessments on piping and pressure vessels to ensure that aging high-pressure systems on the center do not surpass their end of life and can continue to operate safely. These pressurized systems include wind tunnels and process and utility piping. Process and utility piping includes cryogenic liquids, hydraulics, liquid fuels, and high-pressure gases such as air, nitrogen, oxygen, hydrogen, silane, and methane.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Type of work includes, but is not limited to:
- Code calculations per national consensus standards such as ASME BPVC Section VIII and ASME B31.3. Experience using COMPRESS – Pressure Vessel Code Analysis software desirable.
- Backpressure calculations of (PSV) pressure safety valves.
- NDT including (VT) visual inspection and taking (UTT) ultrasonic thickness measurements.
- Inspections and creation of inspection reports documenting rejectable findings and proposing modifications to in-service inspection plans.
- Providing technical information for proposed modifications, repair packages, and construction packages.
Qualifications and Experience:
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance as required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline from an accredited engineering school and a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years related engineering experience, or MS degree from an accredited engineering school and two (2) to three (3) years of related engineering experience, or Ph.D. from an accredited engineering school.
- Must have knowledge of ASME, NBIC, ASNT, API, and other national consensus codes and standards that are relevant to pressure vessel/system design, fabrication, installation, and inspection.
- Must have or be willing to obtain ASNT NDT Level II certification.
- Knowledge of non-destructive examination techniques (ex. RT, UTT, PT, MT, EC, etc.) is desired.
- Knowledge of corrosion prevention and corrosion control desirable.
- The candidate must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be a team player and communicate effectively both orally and written.
How to Apply?
Details about the company are available at http://www.asm-usa.com
AS&M employment application form can be downloaded from here.
AS&M is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”