(Job ID# ASM21EE214)
Company: Analytical Services & Materials, Inc. Hampton, VA 23666
Analytical Services and Materials, Inc. (AS&M) has an immediate opening for a full-time Electrical Maintenance & Reliability Engineer to work at NASA Langley Research Center, Hampton, VA. The Electrical Maintenance and Reliability Engineer is expected to have a working knowledge of electrical systems, maintenance practices, and poses problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Some of the key responsibilities of the maintenance and reliability engineer are:
- Problem Solving Skills
- Developing procedures for major overhauls and technically complex repairs of critical electrical equipment.
- Troubleshoot equipment and system problems including high voltage distribution systems, electrical control systems, drive systems, and building power systems.
- Analysis of system/equipment performance as compared to design criteria.
- Conduct root cause failure analysis, develop an action plan to eliminate repeat failures and implement corrective actions.
- Establishing and driving reliability engineering principles and best work practices.
- Having organizational skills.
- Being able to perform different tasks at the same time.
- Having technical knowledge being able to follow precise instructions.
- Having good communication skills.
- Being familiar with regulatory standards pertaining to the power industry.
Qualifications and Experience:
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance as required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or in an appropriate discipline is preferred, and three (3) to five (5) years related engineering experience or MS degree and two (2) to three (3) years of related engineering experience, or Ph.D. from an accredited engineering school and a working knowledge of maintenance and reliability requirements for electrical systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience in Microsoft Office applications required.
How to Apply?
Details about the company are available at http://www.asm-usa.com
AS&M employment application form can be downloaded from here.
AS&M is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”