(Job ID# ASM21EM215)
Company: Analytical Services & Materials, Inc. Hampton, VA 23666
Analytical Services and Materials, Inc. (AS&M) has an immediate opening for a full-time Energy Management Engineer to work at NASA Langley Research Center, Hampton, VA. The Energy Management Engineer will be challenged by work that is essential to NASA’s goal of achieving yearly reductions in energy use and the related cost savings, collaborating in a Team Environment under the guidance of NASA Langley’s Energy Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Some of the key activities of the energy management engineer are:
- Participating in data calls, meetings, and conference calls at NASA Langley and NASA Headquarters, including oral and written communication (i.e. presentations, white papers, etc.)
- Performing energy and economic analysis of energy efficiency measures using energy modeling software, spreadsheets and other tools, including measuring and verifying Energy Conservation Measure performance, and HVAC system tuning and optimization. Making recommendations of appropriate energy-saving measures including lighting, motors, drives, HVAC systems, and industrial process improvements to the NASA Energy Manager.
- Conducting energy audits (ASHRAE Level 1 & 2) to identify energy reduction opportunities in lighting, HVAC, building envelope, water, renewables, controls, and other energy and water using systems.
- Performing reviews for design projects, including drawings, specifications, scopes of work, cost estimates, and requests for proposals (RFP’s), to include planning activities associated with project development in order to verify compliance to NASA standards.
- Preparing comprehensive reports with detailed analytical findings.
- Conducting customer education and training on in-house applications and tools to NASA personnel.
- Conducting peer reviews of other engineers' work.
- Performing utility rate and monthly billing analysis. Provide analysis of the facility’s historical energy and water use.
- Conducting building retro-commissioning activities including functional performance testing and monitoring of equipment.
Qualifications and Experience:
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance as required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- BS degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering and three (3) to five (5) years related engineering experience, or MS degree and two (2) to three (3) years of related engineering experience, or Ph.D.
- Ability to be an enthusiastic and participatory Energy Team Member who is able to convey thoughts and ideas both orally and in written form.
- Demonstrated proficiency in data analysis, with energy modeling/simulation of complex building systems (i.e. TRANE TRACE 700, OSI PI, or similar programs) preferred.
- Demonstrated consumer-side energy analysis experience (energy efficiency, renewable technology, HVAC analysis, building load analysis, etc.).
- Understanding of basic concepts required for analyzing building envelope, mechanical systems, electrical systems, lighting systems, etc.
- Certification, or interest in certification, in any of the following disciplines: Certified Energy Manager, Engineer in Training, or Professional Engineer license.
How to Apply?
Details about the company are available at http://www.asm-usa.com
AS&M employment application form can be downloaded from here.
AS&M is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”