(Job ID# ASM21PA233)
Company: Analytical Services & Materials, Inc. Hampton, VA 23666
Analytical Services and Materials, Inc. (AS&M) is looking for a full-time Staff Assistant for a variety of specialty and complex administrative activities in support of the Project Management Group. The position is at the NASA Langley Research Center (LaRC) in Hampton, VA.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The assistant will perform duties such as project tracking and monitoring specifically:
- Track actual vs. proposed cost and man-hours for the program as well as develop monthly reports, track work requests to ensure a timely flow of approvals, track schedules of open tasks, develop weekly reports for distribution, assist in developing monthly reports, monitor customer evaluations and solicit customer feedback, maintain meeting minutes for program and project meetings, assist in various planning and estimating duties, and provide backup duties for Program Manager Assistant.
- Initiates the preparation of internal and external correspondence within areas of specialty and responsibility also prepares correspondence in areas of responsibility that require the signature of higher-level authority.
- Prepares administrative reports involving compiling and verifying data from a variety of reference sources that may require initiative in obtaining and assimilating information. Related activities may involve investigation or studies, including analysis and recommendations on resolutions.
- Provides inputs and proposes recommendations to policies and procedures affecting specific functional areas; may serve on specialty committees; performs other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance as required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Two (2) years of college with courses in engineering, mathematics, or science, or two (2) years relevant experience, or any equivalent combination of relevant education/experience for a total of two (2) years.
- Previous experience with computer terminals is highly desirable.
- The candidate must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be a proficient user of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to compose business letters and reports in final form.
- Knowledge of management principles, practices, methods, and techniques.
- Skill in dealing with others both in person-to-person work relationships and team environments.
- Must have sufficient mobility to enter confined spaces, work at various heights, and crawl into or onto various assemblies while maintaining a clear vision of safety is required.
- Potential exposure to high noise levels, hazardous chemicals, propellants, and the like.
- Appropriate PPE and training will be provided for all conditions.
- Must be able to walk, stand, bend, twist, and sit for extended periods as well as climb, crawl, and lift up to 35 lbs).
- Regular attendance mandatory (100%).
- Occasional overtime/work outside the normal schedule may be required (<20%).
How to Apply?
Details about the company are available at http://www.asm-usa.com
AS&M employment application form can be downloaded from here.
AS&M is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”