(Job ID# ASM21CS235)
Company: Analytical Services & Materials, Inc. Hampton, VA 23666
Analytical Services and Materials, Inc. (AS&M) is looking for a full-time Controls Specialist at NASA Langley Research Center (LaRC) in Hampton, VA. Experienced electrical and controls technician needed to support aerodynamic research at NASA Langley Research Center. This position, with Center Maintenance, Operations, and Engineering (CMOE) contract, is part of a team that supports the electrical and control systems at a wind tunnel on Center. This person will provide the maintenance, debugging, and replacement of any electrical device in the facility. They will provide controls support for the PLCs and a variety of other controllers. This position is a combination of old and new, software and hardware, the work is hands-on, varied, and unique.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Must be familiar with high voltage systems, rotating machinery, hydraulic and cooling water systems and a variety of electrical equipment such as, switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, motors, heating units, conduit systems or other equipment including Programmable Logic Controllers. In addition, this person must:
- Work from blueprints, drawings, layouts, or other specifications
- Locate and diagnose trouble in the electrical system or equipment.
- Work standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring or electrical equipment.
- Program ladder logic, primarily Rockwell RS Logix.
- Support HMI software, primarily Rockwell FactoryTalk View.
- Operate, maintain, and repair analog circuits.
- Operate, maintain and repair hydraulic and pneumatic controls.
- Must be able to read/understand technical diagrams and drawings and be knowledgeable about the local codes and regulations, as well as National Electrical Code requirements.
- Use a variety of hand tools, measurement, and test equipment.
- Must also be physically capable of bending for long periods of time, climb ladders, work in confined spaces, lift 35 lbs., and be willing to work all shifts and overtime.
- Good communication skills, detail-oriented, able to work with a team, and have good problem-solving skills.
Qualifications and Experience:
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance as required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Two (2) years of college with courses related to Electronics/Electrical Engineering, plus ten (10) years of related experience in controls, electronics, and electrical support.
- Military electronics training may be substituted for a portion of the education requirement.
- Additional relevant education may be substituted for a portion of the experience.
- A journeyman or master’s License is preferred.
- Must have sufficient mobility to enter confined spaces, work at various heights, and crawl into or onto various assemblies while maintaining a clear vision of safety is required.
- Potential exposure to high noise levels, hazardous chemicals, propellants, and the like.
- Appropriate PPE and training will be provided for all conditions.
- Must be able to walk, stand, bend, twist, and sit for extended periods as well as climb, crawl, and lift up to 35 lbs).
- Regular attendance mandatory (100%).
- Occasional overtime/work outside the normal schedule may be required (<20%).
How to Apply?
Details about the company are available at http://www.asm-usa.com
AS&M employment application form can be downloaded from here.
AS&M is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”