(Job ID# ASM21PM236)
Company: Analytical Services & Materials, Inc. Hampton, VA 23666
Analytical Services and Materials, Inc. (AS&M) is looking for a full-time Project Manager at NASA Langley Research Center in Hampton, VA. The candidate is responsible for managing engineering projects of all sizes, disciplines, and complexity, and/or multiple projects. Assist in marketing and managing large and complex projects or groups of projects to include disciplines of mechanical, electrical, controls, civil, architectural, and structural engineering.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Directs and oversees engineering/construction disciplines in project management duties. Directs efforts of team members assigned to larger projects. Supervises planning, scheduling, estimating, and reviews work accomplished by the project/construction team. Works and coordinates within a matrix engineering organization with Supervisors to acquire resources needed to complete design projects. May supervise two to ten projects and/or project teams of up to ten (10) members.
- Serve as a point of contact for development and discussion of new opportunities and, subsequently, project objectives, scope, and budget within the company and between the company and the client.
- Lead a team in the accomplishment of work on projects of large size and in the development of all required documentation/deliverables within budget and schedule constraints.
- Control project work accomplishments vs. scope of services contracted assess progress vs. schedule and budget; resolve conflicts or elevate conflicts to management level necessary for resolution.
- Evaluate the performance of project team members.
- Occasionally required to perform project management activities for design services/projects in-house to maintain a balanced workload.
Qualifications and Experience:
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance as required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- BS degree from an accredited engineering school and eight (8) to twelve (12) years of engineering experience with at least one (1) year in project management, or an MS degree from an accredited engineering school and seven (7) to ten (10) years of engineering experience or a Ph.D. degree and two (2) to five (5) years related experience.
- Demonstrated competence in project management and technical competence in discipline field(s) and knowledge of company policies and practices.
- Project Management oversight for construction projects with the understanding of design documentation requirements and preparation to complete a successful project.
- Holds Project Management Institute (PMI) and holds a PMP®/CMRP® certification, or obtains certification within 2 years of hire date.
- Proficient in Microsoft word, excel, project, and Outlook.
- Knowledgeable in budget reporting and understanding programs associated with project management.
- Must have sufficient mobility to enter confined spaces, work at various heights, and crawl into or onto various assemblies while maintaining a clear vision of safety is required.
- Potential exposure to high noise levels, hazardous chemicals, propellants, and the like.
- Appropriate PPE and training will be provided for all conditions.
- Must be able to walk, stand, bend, twist, and sit for extended periods as well as climb, crawl, and lift up to 35 lbs).
- Regular attendance mandatory (100%).
- Occasional overtime/work outside the normal schedule may be required (<20%).
How to Apply?
Details about the company are available at http://www.asm-usa.com
AS&M employment application form can be downloaded from here.
AS&M is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”