(Job ID# ASM21ET237)
Company: Analytical Services & Materials, Inc. Hampton, VA 23666
Analytical Services and Materials, Inc. (AS&M) has an immediate opening for a full-time Electrical Technician to work at the NASA Langley Research Center (LaRC) in Hampton, VA. The applicant must be familiar with high voltage systems, rotating machinery, hydraulic and cooling water systems, and a variety of electrical equipment such as switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, motors, heating units, relays, conduit systems, or other equipment including Programmable Logic Controllers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work from blueprints, drawings, layouts, or other specifications
- Locate and diagnose trouble in the electrical system or equipment.
- Work standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring or electrical equipment.
- Use a variety of hand tools, measurement, and test equipment.
- Must be able to read/understand technical diagrams and drawings and be knowledgeable about the local codes and regulations, as well as National Electrical Code requirements.
- Must also be physically capable of bending for long periods of time, climb ladders, work in confined spaces, lift 35 lbs., and be willing to work all shifts and overtime.
- Knowledge of the OSHA Lockout/Tagout program and familiarization with Programmable Logic Controls (PLCs) or equivalent systems is a plus.
- A journeyman or Master's License is a plus.
- Good communication skills, detail-oriented, able to work with a team, and have good problem-solving skills.
Qualifications and Experience:
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance as required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Two (2) years of college with courses in engineering, mathematics or science, or two (2) years relevant experience, or any equivalent combination of relevant education/experience for a total of two (2) years.
- Previous experience with computer terminals is highly desirable.
- Must have sufficient mobility to enter confined spaces, work at various heights, and crawl into or onto various assemblies while maintaining a clear vision of safety is required.
- Potential exposure to high noise levels, hazardous chemicals, propellants, and the like.
- Appropriate PPE and training will be provided for all conditions.
- Must be able to walk, stand, bend, twist, and sit for extended periods as well as climb, crawl, and lift up to 35 lbs).
- Regular attendance mandatory (100%).
- Occasional overtime/work outside the normal schedule may be required (<20%).
How to Apply?
Details about the company are available at http://www.asm-usa.com
AS&M employment application form can be downloaded from here.
AS&M is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”