(Job ID# ASM21MS240)
Company: Analytical Services & Materials, Inc. Hampton, VA 23666
Analytical Services and Materials, Inc. (AS&M) is looking for a full-time Mechanical Supervisor to work at the Wallops Island Flight Facility Operations and Maintenance Service, NASA Wallops, Wallops Island, VA. The Mechanical Supervisor will supervise and coordinate the operations, maintenance, and service repairs on heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems. Oversees the installation of new units and replacement parts and ensures work is completed according to company specifications and established safety guidelines.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Some key responsibilities are:
- Provide supervisory guidance to skilled craft.
- Serve as the focal point for work requests of the group; plan, organize and coordinate the activities of personnel engaged in equipment operations or maintenance. Control and review work to assure timeliness and accuracy of responsible functions.
- Establish and maintain schedules for the group to be consistent with budgetary and time constraints with emphasis on safety of operations.
- Oversee Maximo entries and completions. Assign work from the schedule.
- Order parts as needed.
- Assist employees with problem resolution; counsel employees and commend, or reprimand as appropriate; conduct performance evaluation interviews; seek interpretation of company policies, is preferred. Inform employees, enforce safety regulations, assure compliance with, and regularly support EEO/AA programs.
- Develop imaginative approaches to non-routine, nonrecurring work requests, based on acquired expertise and knowledge or organization philosophy and personnel capabilities.
- Perform any other related duties as needed to meet the goals of the group.
- Provide training and maintain appropriate records (CMTS tracking and Refrigerant tracking)
Maintain working knowledge for functions in order to provide direction to the group. Keep groups motivated to gain maximum productivity from all supervised groups.
General supervisory guidance is received from the next level of supervision. Work under company-established policies and procedures. Deviations from practices are referred to the next level of supervision for resolution.
Qualifications and Experience:
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance as required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years college or vocational training in the area of specialty plus twelve (12) years relevant experience, or any equivalent combination of education/experience for a total of fourteen (14) years.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and good communication skills are preferred.
- Must have sufficient mobility to enter confined spaces, work at various heights, and crawl into or onto various assemblies while maintaining a clear vision of safety is required.
- Potential exposure to high noise levels, hazardous chemicals, propellants, and the like.
- Appropriate PPE and training will be provided for all conditions.
- Must be able to walk, stand, bend, twist, and sit for extended periods as well as climb, crawl, and lift up to 35 lbs).
- Regular attendance mandatory (100%).
- Occasional overtime/work outside the normal schedule may be required (<20%).
How to Apply?
Details about the company are available at http://www.asm-usa.com
AS&M employment application form can be downloaded from here.
AS&M is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”