(Job ID# ASM21ET256)
Company: Analytical Services & Materials, Inc. Hampton, VA 23666
Analytical Services and Materials, Inc. (AS&M) is looking for a full-time Engineering Technician to support wind tunnel operations at the United States Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (WPAFB). Applicants must be U.S. citizens, must be able to pass a background check, have or be able to obtain a Secret security clearance, and work at WPAFB, Dayton, OH.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The applicant will operate, maintain, and repairing specialized equipment and systems for the generation, distribution, and control of hydraulics, pneumatics, and cryogenics as utilized for wind tunnel testing.
- Must demonstrate a strong mechanical aptitude and willingness to follow instructions
- Must be able to troubleshoot, diagnose, document, and repair problems with vacuum pumps, compressors, fans, control systems, cooling systems, and other specialized equipment.
- Will operate various types of shop equipment such as bandsaws, hydraulic presses, drill presses, crimping tools, flaring tools, and specialized hand tools.
- Will cut, drill, grind structural members as well as the rigging of structural members and test articles for installation.
- Will operate a forklift and cranes utilized in the erection of test fixtures.
- Must be able to climb ladders, work from elevated platforms and pass a physical for operating heavy equipment
- Must be aware of best practices, safety procedures and actively support the safety program.
Qualifications and Experience:
- HS diploma
- Trade school or one to two years previous experience is preferred but not required.
- Must be a US citizen and have or be able to acquire a SECRET security clearance.
How to Apply?
Details about the company are available at http://www.asm-usa.com
AS&M employment application form can be downloaded from here.
AS&M is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”