(Job ID# ASM21ME255)
Company: Analytical Services & Materials, Inc. Hampton, VA 23666
Analytical Services and Materials, Inc. (AS&M) is looking for a full-time Vibration Maintenance & Reliability Engineer to work at the NASA Langley Research Center (LaRC) in Hampton, VA. A Mechanical Reliability & Maintenance Vibration Engineer provides the technical expertise on all matters of reliability engineering, assessment, and monitoring for all process equipment. Carries out reliability studies on existing equipment and recommends needed improvements to Operations management in the areas of equipment philosophies, strategies, and best practices for asset productivity.
This position is the "go-to person" for all matters of equipment reliability and equipment failure. This position focuses on enhancing equipment reliability through analysis along with some first response, day-to-day troubleshooting of failed equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Reliability & Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing equipment asset plans using Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), and other reliability techniques.
- Applying engineering theory and practice to perform physical failure analysis, determining the root cause of equipment failures, and conducting equipment performance evaluations.
- Analyzing equipment trends & historical data to recommend and justify improvements to obtain the lowest life cycle cost.
- Promoting consistency by standardizing equipment procedures & operations within the area of responsibility and as requested by the customer.
- Supporting capital projects by participating in setting equipment criteria and specifications to optimize equipment/system reliability and life cycle cost. Also providing technical support for fabrication, installation, and start-up of new critical equipment.
- Participating in testing turn-around/shutdown teams providing input into needed equipment inspection and repair procedures.
Qualifications and Experience:
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance as required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or in an appropriate discipline and three (3) to five (5) years related engineering experience, or MS degree and two (2) to three (3) years of related engineering experience, or Ph.D. from an accredited engineering school.
- Must obtain CMRP certification within one year of employment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience in Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Vibration analysis and interpretation of vibration analysis reports
- Downtime data analysis techniques and statistical interpretation skills
- Failure analysis including preservation of evidence techniques
- Maintenance and reliability best practices including the work management process
- Rotating equipment and alignment techniques
- Fundamental Materials Science, including material selection and properties
- Lubrication, tribology, and fundamentals of interpreting oil analysis results
- Fundamentals of nondestructive testing, including thermography
- Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) and Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Engineering design standards and their application
- Cost/Capital analysis and justification
- Reliability Engineers are encouraged to get CMRP certified (Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional)
- Good written, oral communication, and interpersonal skills
- Must be self-motivated and have great attention to detail
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to learn and work independently
- Ability to work with others involved in a variety of functions including operators, mechanics, engineers of various disciplines, management, and other leaders
- Visual and physical (hands-on) contact of test-related systems, hardware, and articles.
- Must be able to walk, stand, bend, twist, and sit for extended periods as well as climb, crawl, and lift up to 35 lbs).
- Ability to distinguish basic colors.
- Corrected vision and hearing at all times.
- Must be able to use the following (with appropriate training/certifications and personal protective equipment provided)
- Platform or A-frame ladders up to 12 Ft.
- Extension ladders up to 24 Ft.
- Personal or one-man aerial lifts up to 30 Ft.
- Articulating or boom aerial lifts up to 35 Ft.
- Regular attendance is mandatory (100%).
- Occasional overtime/work outside the normal schedule may be required (<20%).
How to Apply?
Details about the company are available at http://www.asm-usa.com
AS&M employment application form can be downloaded from here.
AS&M is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”