(Job ID# ASM21MD257)
Company: Analytical Services & Materials, Inc. Hampton, VA 23666
Analytical Services and Materials, Inc. (AS&M) is looking for a full-time Mechanical Designer to work at the NASA Langley Research Center (LaRC) in Hampton, VA.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Mechanical Designer will be responsible for:
- Work closely with Project Managers and other team members to develop detailed designs in HVAC, Process, and Plumbing systems, including fieldwork, schematic design, space planning, design development, and construction documentation.
- Working proficiency in the latest version of Revit and BIM workflows.
- Well-versed in Revit modeling and establishing working drawings (plans, sections, details, 3D views, etc.)
- An understanding of Revit family creation and the use of parameters for the purpose of scheduling.
- Use of Revit schedules to extract quantity take-offs for cost estimating.
- Experience in, or willing to learn, workflows of converting point cloud data to 3D solids for establishing existing conditions.
Qualifications and Experience:
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance as required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years college or vocational training school or two (2) years college with courses relevant to drafting or engineering principles, plus an additional four (4) years’ experience.
- Additional relevant education may be substituted for a portion of the progressive experience.
- Good written, oral communication, and interpersonal skills
- Must be self-motivated and have great attention to detail
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to learn and work independently
- Ability to work with others involved in a variety of functions including operators, mechanics, engineers of various disciplines, management, and other leaders
- Visual and physical (hands-on) contact of test-related systems, hardware, and articles.
- Must be able to walk, stand, bend, twist, and sit for extended periods as well as climb, crawl, and lift up to 35 lbs).
- Ability to distinguish basic colors.
- Corrected vision and hearing at all times.
- Must be able to use the following (with appropriate training/certifications and personal protective equipment provided)
- Platform or A-frame ladders up to 12 Ft.
- Extension ladders up to 24 Ft.
- Personal or one-man aerial lifts up to 30 Ft.
- Articulating or boom aerial lifts up to 35 Ft.
- Regular attendance is mandatory (100%).
- Occasional overtime/work outside the normal schedule may be required (<20%).
How to Apply?
Details about the company are available at http://www.asm-usa.com
AS&M employment application form can be downloaded from here.
AS&M is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”