(Job ID# ASM21LC262)
Company: Analytical Services & Materials, Inc. Hampton, VA 23666
Analytical Services and Materials, Inc. (AS&M) is looking for a full-time Precision Space Flight Logistics Coordinator to work at the NASA Langley Research Center (LaRC) in Hampton, VA. The position is inventory management at a precision level producing certified sets of products (electronic/mechanical parts) or assemblies. The candidate must also learn unique software to manage both the inventory and storage systems. The candidate will perform work alone or with a team to provide precision inventory management services to engineering, testing, and research facilities at the NASA Langley Research Center.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The candidate must provide control and accountability of materials, hardware and associated equipment used to build LaRC test and flight products
- Hands-on work may include system checkout, equipment configuration, troubleshooting, repair, system operation, receipt and inspection of flight hardware components, documentation of flight hardware condition and logistic coordination of assembly cleaning and testing
- The candidate must be able to juggle multiple tasks while working in a dynamic environment in which priorities change frequently. The candidate will frequently coordinate with others to receive and provide updates to projected timelines to determine the anticipated workload
- The successful candidate will be self-motivated, show initiative in tackling new tasks, and exercise and communicate sound technical judgment
The Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Organizational and documentation skills will be used daily
- Interactions with Metrology computer systems and inventory management systems will occur daily
- Ability to use computing technology for problem analysis and solution
- Track thousands of instruments and flight hardware components (paying attention to small details, costs, and accuracy)
- Assist equipment customers across LaRC as needed to insure items are located and submitted for calibration on time
- Assist flight hardware customers across LaRC as needed to ensure items are stored and provided as requested for strict testing schedules and deadlines
Qualifications and Experience:
- U. S. Citizenship is required.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance as required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Two (2) years of college with courses in computer science, mathematics, or other related engineering courses, and eight (8) years of progressively responsible administrative and/or technical support assignments or any equivalent combination of education/experience for a total of ten (10) years.
- Additional relevant education may be substituted for a portion of the progressive experience.
- Knowledge of specific guidelines such as LMS-CP-4892 is preferred
- Good written, oral communication, and interpersonal skills
- Must be self-motivated and have great attention to detail
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to learn and work independently
- Ability to work with others involved in a variety of functions including operators, mechanics, engineers of various disciplines, management, and other leaders
- Visual and physical (hands-on) contact of test-related systems, hardware, and articles.
- Must be able to walk, stand, bend, twist, and sit for extended periods as well as climb, crawl, and lift up to 35 lbs).
- Ability to distinguish basic colors.
- Corrected vision and hearing at all times.
- Must be able to use the following (with appropriate training/certifications and personal protective equipment provided)
- Platform or A-frame ladders up to 12 Ft.
- Extension ladders up to 24 Ft.
- Personal or one-man aerial lifts up to 30 Ft.
- Articulating or boom aerial lifts up to 35 Ft.
- Regular attendance is mandatory (100%).
- Occasional overtime/work outside the normal schedule may be required (<20%).
How to Apply?
Details about the company are available at http://www.asm-usa.com
AS&M employment application form can be downloaded from here.
AS&M is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”