(Job ID# ASM21SD263)
Company: Analytical Services & Materials, Inc. Hampton, VA 23666
Analytical Services and Materials, Inc. (AS&M) is looking for a full-time Structural/Civil Designer to work at the NASA Langley Research Center (LaRC) in Hampton, VA. The candidate must possess knowledge in the use of drafting instruments and equipment, and in the application of drafting principles (descriptive geometry, freehand lettering, dimensioning, layout, detail, etc.), and general working knowledge of shop and field erection processes associated with mechanical/structural, electrical or architectural design.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Proficient in preparing working civil/structural drawings with a thorough understanding of Revit is essential
- Experience with AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D, and ArcGIS software is an asset, but not required
- Understand the application of drafting methods, standards, and procedures
- Working knowledge of typical structural codes such as steel (AISC), concrete (ACI), and welding (AWS) is required
- Understand building science technology materials and methods of construction
- Capable of generating creative designs from general concepts, engineering analysis, liaison, and field investigations
- Perform complex drafting assignments from general instructions and from computations and sketches
- Coordinate assignments with project management, senior engineers, and drafters
- Evaluate functional feasibility of designs and their conformance to specifications
- Provide a review of project documents by assessing the accuracy and acceptability of drawings prepared by other drafters or designers
- Support project design teams with elementary design computations, bill of materials, field measurements, and vendor research
Qualifications and Experience:
- U. S. Citizenship is required.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance as required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Two (2) years of college with a course in engineering or associated discipline and six (6) years of related experience or any equivalent combination of education and/or experience for a total of eight (8) years.
- The position requires comprehensive knowledge of programs gained through long and varied work experience in the field of specialty.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both orally and written with effective use of visual aids. Should be able to use computing technology for problem analysis and solution.
- Good written, oral communication, and interpersonal skills
- Must be self-motivated and have great attention to detail
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to learn and work independently
- Ability to work with others involved in a variety of functions including operators, mechanics, engineers of various disciplines, management, and other leaders
- Visual and physical (hands-on) contact of test-related systems, hardware, and articles.
- Must be able to walk, stand, bend, twist, and sit for extended periods as well as climb, crawl, and lift up to 35 lbs).
- Ability to distinguish basic colors.
- Corrected vision and hearing at all times.
- Must be able to use the following (with appropriate training/certifications and personal protective equipment provided)
- Platform or A-frame ladders up to 12 Ft.
- Extension ladders up to 24 Ft.
- Personal or one-man aerial lifts up to 30 Ft.
- Articulating or boom aerial lifts up to 35 Ft.
- Regular attendance is mandatory (100%).
- Occasional overtime/work outside the normal schedule may be required (<20%).
How to Apply?
Details about the company are available at http://www.asm-usa.com
AS&M employment application form can be downloaded from here.
AS&M is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”