(Job ID# ASM21SE273)
Company: Analytical Services & Materials, Inc. Hampton, VA 23666
Analytical Services and Materials, Inc. (AS&M) has an immediate opening for a talented structural engineer to support operations and maintenance at NASA Langley Research Center. The successful candidate must have the ability to work as part of a multi-discipline project team and interact with clients in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Independently perform structural and civil engineering assignments
- Prepare studies, reports, design reviews, design specifications, and construction cost estimates
- Demonstrate working knowledge of the latest ACI, AISC, AWS, and ASCE codes
- Perform engineering analysis of structural systems and components constructed of steel, concrete, masonry, and aluminum elements
- Experience performing Finite Element Analysis
- Experience with operating Autodesk AutoCAD
- Experienced using Revit Building Information Modeling (BIM) software and BIM project execution is preferred
- Must be able to effectively communicate both orally and written
Qualifications and Experience:
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance as required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- BS degree in engineering from an ABET-accredited university or college and three (3) to five (5) years related engineering experience or MS degree and two (2) to three (3) years of related engineering experience, or Ph.D.
- Professional Engineer (PE) License is preferred. Successful candidates without PE must obtain it within 2 years.
- Must have sufficient mobility to enter confined spaces, work at various heights, and crawl into or onto various assemblies while maintaining a clear vision of safety is required.
- Potential exposure to high noise levels, hazardous chemicals, propellants, and the like.
- Appropriate PPE and training will be provided for all conditions.
- Must be able to walk, stand, bend, twist, and sit for extended periods as well as climb, crawl, and lift up to 35 lbs).
- Regular attendance is mandatory (100%).
- Occasional overtime/work outside the normal schedule may be required (<20%).
How to Apply?
Details about the company are available at http://www.asm-usa.com
AS&M employment application form can be downloaded from here.
AS&M is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”