(Job ID# ASM21MT278)
Company: Analytical Services & Materials, Inc. Hampton, VA 23666
Analytical Services and Materials, Inc. (AS&M) is looking for a full-time Mechanical Technician to work at the NASA Langley Research Center (LaRC) in Hampton, VA. The successful candidate will join a team to operate and maintain mechanical systems/equipment in support of wind tunnels at NASA LaRC safely, effectively, and efficiently.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will join a team to safely, effectively, and efficiently operate and maintain mechanical systems/equipment in support of wind tunnels at NASA LaRC.
- Shall follow safety policies and procedures and perform all work according to existing policies and procedures while maintaining a high standard of quality and workmanship in performing the duties.
- Working knowledge of safety practices common to the industry including FOD control and LOTO (OSHA Lockout/Tagout program) is an added advantage.
- Experience in operating and maintaining rotating machinery, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, pumps, valves, and cooling water systems is desirable.
- Other equipment operated on includes but is not limited to, industrial forklifts, man-lifts, and cranes.
- Will perform preventive maintenance on, an inspection of, and operating equipment per documented procedures.
- Must be able to read relevant technical drawings and specifications.
- Relevant military training or aviation maintenance training is a plus.
Qualifications and Experience:
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance as required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Two (2) years of college with courses in engineering, mathematics, or science, and four (4) years relevant experience, or any equivalent combination of relevant education/experience for a total of six (6) years.
- Must have sufficient mobility to enter confined spaces, work at various heights, and crawl into or onto various assemblies while maintaining a clear vision of safety is required.
- Potential exposure to high noise levels, hazardous chemicals, propellants, and the like.
- Appropriate PPE and training will be provided for all conditions.
- Must be able to walk, stand, bend, twist, and sit for extended periods as well as climb, crawl, and lift up to 35 lbs).
- Regular attendance mandatory (100%).
- Occasional overtime/work outside the normal schedule may be required (<20%).
How to Apply?
Details about the company are available at http://www.asm-usa.com
AS&M employment application form can be downloaded from here.
AS&M is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”