(Job ID# ASM21ET292)
Company: Analytical Services & Materials, Inc. Hampton, VA 23666
Analytical Services and Materials, Inc. (AS&M) has an immediate opening for a full-time Wind Tunnel Electrical Technician to work at the NASA Langley Research Center (LaRC) in Hampton, VA.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The applicant must be familiar with high voltage systems, rotating machinery, hydraulic and cooling water systems, and a variety of electrical equipment such as switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, motors, heating units, relays, conduit systems, or other equipment including Programmable Logic Controllers.
- Work from blueprints, drawings, layouts, or other specifications
- Locate and diagnose trouble in the electrical system or equipment.
- Work standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring or electrical equipment.
- Use a variety of hand tools, measurement, and test equipment.
- Must be able to read/understand technical diagrams and drawings and be knowledgeable about the local codes and regulations, as well as National Electrical Code requirements.
- Must also be physically capable of bending for long periods of time, climb ladders, work in confined spaces, lift 35 lbs., and be willing to work all shifts and overtime.
- Knowledge of the OSHA Lockout/Tagout program and familiarization with Programmable Logic Controls (PLCs) or equivalent systems is a plus.
- A journeyman or Master's License is a plus.
- Good communication skills, detail-oriented, able to work with a team, and have good problem-solving skills.
Qualifications and Experience:
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance as required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Two (2) years of college with courses in engineering, mathematics or science, or two (2) years relevant experience, or any equivalent combination of relevant education/experience for a total of two (2) years.
- Previous experience with computer terminals is highly desirable.
- Must have sufficient mobility to enter confined spaces, work at various heights, and crawl into or onto various assemblies while maintaining a clear vision of safety is required.
- Potential exposure to high noise levels, hazardous chemicals, propellants, and the like.
- Appropriate PPE and training will be provided for all conditions.
- Must be able to walk, stand, bend, twist, and sit for extended periods as well as climb, crawl, and lift up to 35 lbs).
- Regular attendance is mandatory (100%).
- Occasional overtime/work outside the normal schedule may be required (<20%).
How to Apply?
Details about the company are available at http://www.asm-usa.com
AS&M employment application form can be downloaded from here.
AS&M is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”